What is Environmental certification?
Environmental certification is a form of environmental regulation and development where a company can voluntarily choose to comply with predefined processes or objectives set forth by the certification service.
Once these standards have been achieved, a company is then able to apply a logo to show that they and their products are certified under this standard. Although this is a voluntary regulation, many companies have found it to be beneficial for a number of reasons.
In achieving certification for your company, you will be able to assure stakeholders that your environmental management system is meeting the specific international environmental standards. Regardless of the size of the company and whether it specialises in services, manufacturing, industrial or trading, it will have its own carbon footprint that impacts the environmental and therefore to become more environmentally friendly, becoming environmentally certified is the road to take.
What are the key benefits to Environmental Certification?
- A dramatic increase in cost savings meaning better resource, waste and energy management
- By being able to use the logo of certification on your products, you develop the corporate image and credibility
- The company will be able to effectively quantify, monitor and control the impact that your specific operation has on the environment, now and in the future and help the company as a whole to become more sustainable.
- It will also ensure that the company is compliant with all the necessary environmental regulations in place and in general shows legislative awareness
- The environmental performance of supply chain will be improved
- It will ensure the future protection of the company, its assets, shareholders and directors
- There is also the potential benefit of decreased public liability insurance costs for your organisation
- It will also increase and grow your access to business partners and potential new customers
Latest posts by Ben Winrow (see all)
- Space Heating is The Answer to Lowering Monthly Bills - March 15, 2019
- Is Your Warehouse Heating Adaptable during Winter? - January 24, 2019
- Lower your January industrial heating bills - January 1, 2019