Before choosing a heating system to heat your warehouse there are a number of considerations to take into account. Here is a quick checklist of things you need to consider.
- What is the size and capacity of the warehouse?
- What are the bills likely to be like?
- Will spot heating or zone heating be required?
- How important are balanced temperatures throughout the warehouse?
- What are the indoor air quality requirements?
- How will dock door areas be heated?
- Where should the heating system be located?
- How can you maximise on space when installing a heating system?
- Can your current heating system be removed or upgraded?
- Is building air pressure a problem?
- What are the maintenance costs likely to be?
- What do noise levels need to be like?
These are all questions that you should be asking of your industrial heating supplier and installer. Heating warehouses can be expensive and the equipment required can take up a lot of valuable room. If you already have a heating system in place you need to ask yourself how expensive it is to run, what kind of maintenance costs are you incurring and have you been receiving complaints from your workforce about it and losing productivity as a result.
If your heating equipment is old or not installed to its best effect then the chances are that you’re losing money and wasting energy. At Winrow Building Services we have many years experience of installing effective warehouse heating solutions so if you would like us to undertake a site investigation and advise on how you can heat your warehouse in a cost effective and efficient manner then please contact us. We would be happy to help.