What is Environmental certification?
Environmental certification is a form of environmental regulation and development where a company can voluntarily choose to comply with predefined processes or objectives set forth by the certification service.
Once these standards have been achieved, a company is then able to apply a logo to show that they and their products are certified under this standard. Although this is a voluntary regulation, many companies have found it to be beneficial for a number of reasons.
There are many reasons a company might want to comply with these standards, a primary reason being an ensured higher profit. Through providing an ethically-certified product for consumers, the image of the company is improved and therefore a better relationship with stakeholders is achieved. Not only that, but a better more environmentally friendly company image provides a unique competitive advantage.
Aside from the financial motivation there is also the more ethical side, looking at how the company can become more environmentally friendly and sustainable. Many companies wish to move towards more sustainable development to ensure that future generations have access to natural resources.
With high consumption levels, the Earth is slowly being destroyed by pollution and landfills which is what this regulation aims to put a stop to. Not only are products an issue but the energy used to power the company itself is also a major problem and rarely uses a renewable energy source to do so.
However, what many companies are now using to ensure they are working towards their environmental certification is installed air heating systems. Heating is one of the most costly aspects of running a business but when using an installed air heater you can achieve an energy saving of up to 40% compared to other heating systems.
The system works by recycling the hot air that rises to the top of the building and recirculating it downwards to successfully heat the building, minimizing energy use and cost. This type of heating system also works so that if the temperature drops it will automatically heat the room back up to the desired temperature. It is a system that is multifunctional your company and will help in achieving environmental certification.
With the pressure from consumers and stakeholders for companies to become more environmentally friendly, environmental certification is the ideal standard for any company to adhere to. Simple measure such as installed air heating systems will benefit companies socio-economically and ensure sustainability.
In achieving certification for your company, you will be able to assure stakeholders that your environmental management system is meeting the specific international environmental standards.
Regardless of the size of the company and whether it specialises in services, manufacturing, industrial or trading, it will have its own carbon footprint that impacts the environment and therefore to become more environmentally friendly, becoming environmentally certified is the road to take.
What are the key benefits to Environmental Certification?
- A dramatic increase in cost savings meaning better resource, waste and energy management
- By being able to use the logo of Environmental certification on your products, you develop the corporate image and credibility.
- The company will be able to effectively quantify, monitor and control the impact that your specific operation has on the environment, now and in the future and help the company as a whole to become more sustainable.
- It will also ensure that the company is compliant with all the necessary environmental regulations in place and in general shows legislative awareness
- The environmental performance of the supply chain will be improved
- It will ensure the future protection of the company, its assets, shareholders and directors
- There is also the potential benefit of decreased public liability insurance costs for your organisation
- It will also increase and grow your access to business partners and potential new customers
Latest posts by Ben Winrow (see all)
- Heating Systems for Indoor Entertainment Clubs and Venues - July 30, 2019
- Industrial Heating Installations for All Types of Workshops - June 25, 2019
- Heating Large Retail Showroom Spaces Efficiently - June 14, 2019